Re: [SARES] CONFICKER Worm

From: Robert Gundrum <RGundrum@INTERNET.>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:44:53 -0700
Phil,
   Walt will have to let me know if what you surmise is correct.  I thought that if you had the update you are covered (mine is dated 10/24/2008, my laptop dated 10/27/2008) and if you did not have that fix, you could download it.  NOW you have me wondering, will try one of the links to see if I get thru.....

Bob Gundrum ~W6MOL~
Emergency Coordinator
Sunnyvale Amateur Radio Emergency Service (SARES)
Cell: 408-203-7100

>>> "P. Stewart" <pstewart99@INTERNET. yahoo.com> 03/31/09 8:34 PM >>>
Bob,
   As I understand it, the reference material you forwarded is to ensure that your operating system is protected from future infection, not a cure for already infected machines.

The test I suggested is to see if your computer is already infected- if so, heaven help you, the solution is drastic and messy...

Cheers, Phil